If you are a Catalyst Grant recipient or are interested in applying, please see the Catalyst Resources.
Catalyst grants are designed to reach a broader range of organizations and programs than those funded in the Ovation category of the ArtsKC Fund. Many of these organizations who receive funding are likely to be growing and changing in more fundamental ways than the Ovation grant recipients. Accordingly, Catalyst grants are often used to accelerate or enable important changes, either in these organizations or in the communities which they serve.
Approximately 25% of the ArtsKC Fund is awarded through the Catalyst category. To be eligible for funding in the Catalyst category, an organization must:
• Be an arts, cultural, or other nonprofit organization,
• Be principally located in the five-county Kansas City metropolitan area (Clay, Jackson, Johnson, Platte, and Wyandotte)
• Have a governing body with bylaws
• Provide matching funds for projects and activities
Catalyst funding provides grants of two basic types:
1) Mission Support: for organizations whose primary purpose is the arts (formerly known as General Operating Support).
2) Project Support: for arts, cultural, or other nonprofit organizations conducting a specific arts project.
ArtsKC 2016-2017 Catalyst Mission Grant Recipients
Catalyst Mission Grants
Festival Choral Society
Catalyst Project Grants
Catalyst Mission Grants for 2014
Catalyst Project Grants for 2014