Each year, ArtsKC partners with the Country Club Plaza to facilitate nonprofit arts and cultural organization participation in the Plaza Art Fair. Called “Experience ArtsKC”, this area of the Fair is designed to introduce new audiences to the diverse offerings of arts and cultural organizations in the five-county metropolitan region.
Who: Arts organizations and programs
When: Annually the last weekend in September
Where: The Country Club Plaza, in between 47th and Nichols Road on Broadway
Why: To show the diversity of arts organizations and programs available year round to Kansas City area residents! (And give those organizations and programs an opportunity to reach new audiences, too!)
How: Organizations wishing to participate in the Experience ArtsKC section of the Fair must complete an application and pay a fee. Booth rental is $500 for not-for-profits and $1,000 for for-profits. Booth space is limited. Selection is based on order of application submission and past participation. You may choose to share your booth with another organization. Only two organizations are permitted per booth space. Booths are 10 ft. by 10 ft., and include wooden lattice walls, tent, one electrical outlet, one 8 ft. table and two chairs. Applications will go live on this webpage on Wednesday, May 17th.
For more information about the Plaza Art Fair, please visit http://www.countryclubplaza.com/Events/Plaza-Art-Fair.
Please contact Lydia Allen, Allen@ArtsKC.org or (816) 994-9223, for more information.
These requirements must be met by participants. An inability to meet these requirements during this year’s fair could affect application status in coming years.
- Your booth must be staffed at all times! The fair will run September 22, 23, + 24
- Friday: 5 – 10pm
- Saturday: 10am – 10pm
- Sunday: 11am – 5pm
- Be prepared for weather, especially wind, heat and rain
- Bring a variety of tools and hanging hardware
- Keep your booth plans flexible
- If you share a booth, work closely with your booth partner to coordinate decorations and staffing
- Overlap your staff and volunteer shifts to ensure your booth is never unattended
- Teach volunteers to be proactive, reaching out to fair-goers, rather than waiting for them to approach
- Plan activities to attract people to your booth (art projects, face painting, balloon artists, etc.)
- The sale of food and art is STRICTLY PROHIBITED
- You CAN sell tickets, memberships, and merchandise (as long as that merchandise is not considered fine visual art, as to not compete with the individual artist booths)
- If you have a question or an emergency while at the fair, an emergency contact sheet will be placed in your booth for your use.
- ArtsKC staff members will be on site in the unload area in case there are any questions
- YOU MUST HAVE YOUR UNLOAD PASS WITH YOU! This pass will be delivered/mailed to you ahead of the event.
- Plan plenty of time for parking – finding parking the weekend of the fair can take up to an hour
- Please unload your items, park your car, and then begin to set up your booth to keep traffic moving as smoothly as possible
- In your booth, there will be a sheet with contact information for the weekend