ArtsKC is committed to inclusivity and accessibility. ArtsKC seeks to achieve diversity and cultural equity in its leadership, partnerships, grant making and programs. ArtsKC seeks to be a supporter and model for all arts organizations in the region, particularly in areas of board make-up, staffing, training and communications practices.
ArtsKC carries out its region-wide mission with proactive efforts to embrace differences of culture, ethnicity, race, religion, international origin, sexual orientation, physical abilities, socio-economic status, age and gender. Its goals will be achieved when:
- All individuals and organizations that make up our region have fair access to the information, financial resources and opportunities vital to full cultural expression;
- All share the opportunity to be represented in the development of arts policy and the distribution of arts resources;
- All cultures are expressed in thriving, visible arts organizations of all sizes; and,
- Programming reflects the experiences of all cultures, communities, age groups and abilities.
- All counties, municipalities and arts genres have a proportional voice in region-wide arts planning and resource allocation.
-Adopted by the ArtsKC Board of Directors on January 19, 2013