Community Relations & Marketing Manager Job Description
Application Deadline Sunday, 9/29/2019, 11:59 PM
ArtsKC – Regional Arts Council seeks a strategic and goal-driven community relations and marketing manager with experience in the coordination and oversight of special events functions. The successful applicant will show a record of high production with 3-5 years of experience in multi-channel marketing and special events planning. The Community Relations and Marketing Manager must be a motivated problem-solver with the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. This position will report to and work closely with the Community Relations and Marketing Director in all communication channels, such as the ArtsKC website, social media, and print media. This person will coordinate special events under the direction of the President and CEO, with input from the Development Team. The successful applicant will be responsible for securing strong working relationships among peers in partner arts and civic organizations as well as in identifying and maintaining vendor relationships around special events planning.
- Work with senior staff leadership and volunteers in the development of an annual marketing and communications plan to support agency programs, advocacy, development initiatives and special events. This may include an agency print newsletter, email communications, social media, press releases, website content, special event collateral, online fundraising tools and audience engagement work.,
- Be the logistical coordinator of key special events. The two main current ArtsKC functions are the Inspiration Breakfasts and the Annual Awards Luncheon. This includes working with staff members on logistics, seeking and securing special events venues and coordinators.
- Coordination of other, smaller events, such as the Encounters will be coordinated with the appropriate staff member.
- Assist and help in the planning and execution of other connecting and convening events, as initiated by staff leadership. This may include the logistics of leasing the ArtsKC Gallery space.
- Ability to work with key volunteers, board of directors, elected and public officials to build relationships and deliver strategic communications to benefit the arts community.
- Support the ArtsKC Development Team to identify and support earned income and sponsorship opportunities. Serve on event or agency committees, as assigned.
- Participate in professional development opportunities where appropriate and relevant to marketing, communications and special events coordination. If available, train, support and mentor marketing intern(s).
- Provide high levels of customer service to all major constituents: Arts leaders, grantees, donors, funders, volunteers, artists, arts patrons and future arts enthusiasts in all parts of the community.
- Coordinate with other team members on projects that require collaboration.
- Assist with other special projects as needed including planning and execution of special events and promotional opportunities.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Minimum three years of experience across a broad range of marketing disciplines and special events management.
- B.A. or B.S. in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, English, or a related field required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- High level of creativity and an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving.
- Knowledge of arts audiences in multiple contexts.
- Persistent, goal-driven, self-motivated, accountable and enthusiastic about the arts.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; experience working as a leader and member of a team and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- High levels of motivation, energy and confidence, with impeccable communication skills.
- The ability to develop superb working relationships with staff as well as board members, artists, arts organizations, civic groups, municipal leaders, volunteers, partners, and donors.
- Preference is given to creative, enthusiastic, and flexible individuals with a great sense of adventure and love of the arts.
- Proficiency in all or most of:
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Constant Contact
- SalesForce CRM
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- G-Suite Products, including integrated G-Drive
- Agora Pulse
- Google Analytics and Tag Manager
Salary amount is commensurate with experience. Unique career advancement opportunity. Benefits include excellent health insurance, 401k plan, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, and disability insurance. Generous paid time off policy.
Full time, exempt, some evening and weekends required.
To Apply (Deadline of September 29, 2019 by midnight):
No phone calls please. Please submit a single pdf document, via email, containing a cover letter, resume, work/writing sample, salary requirements, and three references to: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please save the file in the following format: Lastname_Firstname.pdf. Your application will not be considered if this step is not carefully followed.
It is the fundamental policy of ArtsKC to provide equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, Veteran status or disability status