Accounting & Operations Manager
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The individual in this position must be an energetic, team-oriented individual that enjoys working in a fast paced environment to fill the full-time position of Accounting and Operations Manager. This individual must be organized, possess a professional demeanor and is capable of providing high levels of customer service to ArtsKC staff members and constituents. The Accounting and Operations Manager performs accounting, administrative and professional functions to support various programs and services of ArtsKC, follows organizational policies and procedures and executes activities within established long and short-range organizational objectives. This person also oversees effective administration of ArtsKC’s CRM system and management of the office facilities. The Accounting and Operations Manager reports directly to the Vice President of Finance and Operations but also works closely with all staff members and ArtsKC constituents.
Status: Full time, direct hire, exempt position.
Other Benefits: Per Employee Handbook.
General Overview: Works directly with the Vice President of Finance and Operations and other staff, as directed, to help with general office support, office facilities management, CRM database and accounting functions of The Metropolitan Arts Council of Greater Kansas City (dba ArtsKC – Regional Arts Council).
- Handle or oversee all daily accounting functions, such as data entry, processing of daily accounting transactions and account reconciliation.
- Create and maintain all accounting procedures and updates, as needed.
- Prepare accounting reports, accounting filing & file maintenance.
- Provide administrator support for the Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) database and assist with CRM basic training for all staff members.
- Supervise administrative and program support staff member(s) and ensure that these staff member(s) are serving all departments of the organization.
- Supervise and coordinate receptionist duties, including Gallery hours.
- Oversee all office management functions. This includes, but may not be limited to kitchen maintenance, supply requisition for the office and the facility, coordinating office maintenance, ensuring that all technology equipment is functioning properly, handle office and equipment repairs and procurement when needed.
- Assist with new employee orientation, which may include coordination of headshot photos, providing welcome gifts.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Preferred Technical Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements:
- A minimum of five – seven years of accounting experience
- A minimum of three – five years in a management role
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
- Not-for-profit experience preferred
- Experienced in accounting report preparation
- Strong understanding of Accounting and FASB guidelines
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft systems, primarily Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of a CRM donor database at an administrator level
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Salesforce CRM experience a plus
Preferred Behavioral Attributes:
- Organized in thought processes and work habits
- Accuracy in data entry skills
- Detail oriented
- Prefers working in a team environment
- Collaborative and service-minded
Salary amount is commensurate with experience. Please include salary expectations in your cover letter. Unique career advancement opportunity. Benefits include excellent health insurance, 401k plan, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, and disability insurance. Generous paid time off policy.
Full time, exempt, some evening and weekends required.
No phone calls please. Please submit a single pdf document, via email, titled, “Accounting and Operations Manager – ArtsKC“, containing a cover letter (including salary expectations), resume, and three references to: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please save the file in the following format: Lastname_Firstname.pdf. Your application will not be considered if this step is not carefully followed.
It is the fundamental policy of ArtsKC to provide equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, Veteran status or disability status