Time: 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Add to your Calendar: iCal | Google Calendar
Each year, ArtsKC partners with Missouri Citizens for the Arts to connect arts advocates with their elected representatives at the Missouri State Capitol.
Your Citizens’ Day experience will include:
- A chartered bus ride to and from Jefferson City, departing from and returning to ArtsKC’s convenient location in the Crossroads Arts District.
- Talking points and information about the impact of state arts funding in your specific congressional district. Use this information to make the most of your time with your legislators!
- Pre-scheduled appointments with Kansas City-area legislators, and team captains for each visit so you are prepared and confident in your conversations.
- Pizza lunch with Kansas City-area legislators, hosted with TBD Legislators.
- The annual Missouri Arts Council Awards Ceremony.
Register now to secure your spot for this annual advocacy event!
7:00-7:20 AM – Check in at ArtsKC, 106 Southwest Boulevard, KCMO 64108
7:10 AM – Bus pick up from Arts District Garage
7:20 AM – Bus pick-up from ArtsKC office (Please note, we will leave promptly at 7:30am.)
7:55 AM – Brief stop at Blue Ridge Bank at 4200 Little Blue Pkwy, Independence, MO 64057 to pick up Eastern Jackson County Advocates
10:00 AM – Arrival and Registration, Harry S Truman State Office Building, 301 W High St, Jefferson City, MO 65101 Rooms 490-492
10:30 AM – Morning briefing + Materials pick-up
- Rep. Kathy Swan
- Kyna Iman
12:00 -1:00 PM – Luncheon with Kansas City-area legislators.
Hosted by Senator Jason Holsman outside Senator Holsman’s Office, Room 428
1:00 – 3:00 PM – Appointments with Legislators throughout the Capital
Reference appointments contact sheet for scheduling of appointments
*Optional – 1 PM – Missouri Arts Council Awards Ceremony – Honoring the Kansas City Symphony – Capitol Rotunda
3:30 PM – Load the bus back to Kansas City. Bus will drop off where it picked up along the route. We hope to be back sooner if traffic allows.
Thursday, February 7th – Please take a moment to fill out an ArtsKC survey to be sent via email.
Reference the lists below to identify your legislators.
Reference the links below to view the Missouri Film Pack Incentives.