Time: 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Add to your Calendar: iCal | Google Calendar
Each year, ArtsKC partners with Missouri Citizens for the Arts to connect arts advocates with their elected representatives at the Missouri State Capitol.
Your Citizens’ Day experience will include:
- A chartered bus ride to and from Jefferson City, departing from and returning to ArtsKC’s convenient location in the Crossroads Arts District.
- Talking points and information about the impact of state arts funding in your specific congressional district. Use this information to make the most of your time with your legislators!
- Pre-scheduled appointments with Kansas City-area legislators, and team captains for each visit so you are prepared and confident in your conversations.
- Pizza lunch with Kansas City-area legislators, hosted with Representative Greg Razer and Senator Jason Holsmanoutside Senator Holsman’s Office, Room 421.
- The annual Missouri Arts Council Awards Ceremony.
Register now to secure your spot for this annual advocacy event!
9:30am – Registration, Harry S Truman State Office Building, 301 W High St, Jefferson City, MO 65101
10:30am – Morning briefing + Materials pick-up
- Rob Dixon, Director of the Department of Economic Development
- Abby Crawford, COCA
- Kyna Iman, Missouri Citizens for the Arts Lobbyist
11:30am – Meetings with legislators and regional luncheons at the Capitol
- St. Louis – Rooms 427 & 428
- Kansas City – Room 421
- St. Joseph – Room 423
12:30pm – Piano performance by Barth Fraker, Missouri Arts Council member
1pm – Missouri Arts Awards ceremony – 1st Floor Rotunda
2pm – Meetings with legislators – throughout Capitol
Reference the lists below to identify your legislators.