First, the Maker Faire KC Team wants to say a HUGE thank you to ArtKC for giving us this opportunity to share our world with you.
It’s the Fifth Annual Maker Faire Kansas City! Maker Faire Kansas City is a family-friendly festival of invention and creativity. But… what does that mean? It’s hard to imagine, and describe in words if you have never experienced it before, but Maker Faire is truly one-of-a-kind. It is just a few days on Saturday, June 27, 10am – 6PM and Sunday, June 28, 10am – 5PM at the Historic Union Station.
From 3D Printers to farmers, to woodworkers, to clay guilds, to cosplay artists, and more. Maker Faire Kansas City is so extremely happy and proud to be a connecting ground for all the different kinds of Makers not only in Kansas City, but in the Midwest.
Last year, we had over 16,000 people attend from over 40 states! It’s amazing that people will drive or fly in from all over the country just to see what’s happening at Maker Faire Kansas City.
So the question is, what can people expect this year? Short Answer – AMAZING THINGS. Long Answer:
- A brand new attraction, Two Bit Circus. Experience a jaw-dropping reimagined version of the classic dunk tank attraction – the Dunk Tank Flambé. The brave person who enters into the dunk will be engulfed head to toe in flames when the ball-tosser successfully hits the target. This is one attraction that you’ll never forget. And that’s not all, Two Bit Circus will also be bringing a human foosball table, a quadcopter course, and a game called Kings.
- An AWESOME group of artists. Bryan Fyffe creates art using digital tools, photographs of found objects and textures and laser beds to burn images into solid wood. Carly Deblock will demonstrate her watercolor paintings. Red Star Studios will be returning to Maker Faire KC to help us create a community art project with clay.
- “Script-to-Screen,” an entire level curated with KC FILM + MEDIA focusing on every aspect of film-making
- We worked together with Kansas City Food Circle and B.A.C. Music to curate brand new areas of food and music.
- Power Racing Series, Lowrider Car Shows and Competitions, FIRST robotics
- And loads more!
It is going to be one heck of a ride and we hope that you join us for our BIG anniversary. For more information, visit www.makerfairekc.com.