Why is it important to our community?
As we continue to build our Teri Rogers Filmmakers Fund, we want to explain this fund’s purpose.
Teri was known for fostering creative excellence as the owner of Kansas City’s award-winning production company Take Two/T2 Productions/HINT. We strive to honor her legacy by supporting emerging talent in the art of storytelling in a narrative short or feature film. Considering Teri read over 150 ArtsKC grant applications from the local arts community, she recognized the need to support the development of creative entrepreneurship from our local artists.
The Teri Rogers Filmmakers Fund at ArtsKC highlights why Kansas City was named one of MovieMaker Magazine’s Best Places to Live and Work as a Filmmaker (2019).
The establishment of this fund:
- Elevates an emerging artist’s career
- Enhances the film-friendly atmosphere in Kansas City
- Establishes a strong connection between a filmmaker and our community
- Empowers a filmmaker to create meaningful work that reflects Kansas City
- Puts Kansas City on the map as a film production hub in the Midwest
- Founds the first dedicated filmmakers fund for the Kansas City region.
We have had talented filmmakers and crew move to other markets like LA, NYC, Atlanta, Nashville. For these filmmakers who want to bring a project home and film here, this fund will help make that possible. Our hope is that this fund supports KC filmmakers who create impactful, high-quality work that can have success at major festivals like SXSW, Sundance, Tribeca, Cannes, etc., and ultimately find a home with a distributor.
With the close partnership and expertise of the KC Film Office, we will work to make the Teri Roger Filmmakers Fund as impactful to Kansas City as it will be to our local filmmakers.