ArtsKC accepts applications for interns on an on-going basis in the areas of Development, Marketing, Arts Administration, Digital Engagement and Grants. Benefits include working with a great team of art enthusiasts who care deeply about producing quality work, learning the ins and outs of nonprofit management and helping to build a culture of creativity and innovation for Kansas City. In return interns should bring essential skills to the position: excellent communication skills, attention to detail, the ability to work independently on important projects and most importantly, passionate about the arts, the nonprofit community and being a part of a growing organization.
Currently seeking: Summer 2018, Digital Engagement Intern. Unpaid. June-August, 30-40 hours a week with flexible dates/hours.
- Navigate ArtsKCgo.com platform to analyze and approve/deny submissions
- Correspond daily with organizations and artists
- Photograph and document regional public art
- Manage submissions/scheduling for featured events on ArtsKCgo.com homepage
- Assist with presentation scheduling and preparation
- Attend internal staff and programs team meetings
- Attend external meetings with organizations/artists as needed
Preferred Majors/Skill sets:
Photography/Writing/Graphic Design/Marketing/Arts History/Arts Administration
Internships at ArtsKC:
Who is eligible: Current Undergraduate and Graduate Students, Recent Graduates
Hours: 20-40 hours a week, Monday-Friday (flexible)