Now Showing is a program designed to foster partnerships between individual artists and businesses by providing opportunities for Kansas City metro-area artists to display their work in local business spaces.
Artists receive a stipend for their work, paid by ArtsKC, and 100% of proceeds from any sales.
ArtsKC has an open call for artists; we are always looking for new work to add to our Now Showing portfolio. Any visual artist who resides in the Kansas City metropolitan area is invited to submit an application to participate. To be eligible,
- You are a visual artist who resides in the Kansas City metro area.
- All artwork is mounted and/or framed and ready for installation.
- Artists must have 15-25 objects that exhibit well together.
- All artwork submitted must be original, owned by, and created by the artist submitting the proposal.
- All work must be “business appropriate” in nature. ArtsKC and Now Showing business participants reserve the right to exclude works containing offensive depictions, nudity, profanity or negative depictions of social, ethnic, or political groups or individuals.
- Artists must be able to commit to a three-month exhibition period.
Artists will receive a notification from ArtsKC staff with proposed dates when a company selects his or her work. The company coordinator will then schedule a time for the artist to visit the space and discuss exhibition details.
In order to ensure the safety of the artwork, each artist is responsible for the installation and de-installation of his or her own exhibition. Participating companies have a gallery-style hanging system and often do not allow artists to use nails or other hardware. Artists provide the participating company with a price sheet of available work and exhibition labels. All sales inquiries are made directly to the artist; neither the participating company nor ArtsKC receives a commission for the sale of artwork.
At the end of the exhibition period, ArtsKC issues each artist an honorarium of $200 as appreciation for their participation.
Nearly all ArtsKC Now Showing companies have installed in their offices the traditional gallery rail system. Please be sure you have at least 12-15 pieces mounted and/or framed, wired and ready to go for an installation before applying to the program. The artist is responsible for the full installation and take down of each showing opportunity.
To view the full Artist Exhibition Agreement Form click here.
For questions, contact Now Showing Program Manager, Erinn Faulconer at 816.994.9245 or Faulconer@ArtsKC.org.