I’d like to learn more about:
Photo: Susan White
ArtsKC provides programs and services designed to support artists in developing their careers, connections, and opportunities.
Photo: Susan White
The Now Showing exhibition program is designed to foster partnerships between visual artists and businesses by providing opportunities for local artists to display their work in the conference rooms, lobbies and office spaces. Artists receive a stipend for their work, paid by ArtsKC, and 100% of proceeds from any sales.
The Now Showing program is open to all visual artists in the Kansas City metropolitan area. While there are no restrictions to media (painting, 2-D Design, 3-D Design, textiles, etc.), all subject matter must be considered business appropriate.
ArtsKC has an open call for artists; we are always looking for new work to add to our Now Showing directory. Any visual artist who resides in the Kansas City metropolitan area is invited to submit an application to participate. To be eligible:
- You are a visual artist who resides in the Kansas City metro area.
- All artwork is mounted and/or framed and ready for installation.
- Artists must have 10-15 objects that exhibit well together.
- All artwork submitted must be original, owned by, and created by the artist submitting the proposal.
- All work must be “business appropriate” in nature. ArtsKC and Now Showing business participants reserve the right to exclude works containing offensive depictions, nudity, profanity or negative depictions of social, ethnic, or political groups or individuals.
- Artists must be able to commit to a three-month exhibition period.
Artists apply online by creating an artist profile on ArtsKCGo.com and checking the “Now Showing Applicant” box in the form.
Once the artist application & profile has been approved, ArtsKC will contact the artist to communicate next steps and expectations of the program.
Artists will receive a notification from ArtsKC staff with proposed dates when a company selects their work. The company coordinator will then communicate exhibition details with the artist.
In order to ensure the safety of the artwork, each artist is responsible for the installation and de-installation of their own exhibition. Participating companies have a gallery-style hanging system and often do not allow artists to use nails or other hardware. Artists provide the participating company with a price sheet of available work and exhibition labels. All sales inquiries are made directly to the artist; neither the participating company nor ArtsKC receives a commission for the sale of artwork.
At the end of the exhibition period, ArtsKC issues each artist an honorarium of $300 as appreciation for their participation.
Nearly all Now Showing companies have installed a traditional gallery rail system in their offices. Please be sure you have at least 12-15 pieces mounted and/or framed, wired and ready to go for an installation before applying to the program. The artist is responsible for the full installation and takedown of each showing opportunity.
All artists and companies sign an agreement form at the beginning of the exhibition period.
Recommended Installation Supplies (not required):
Photo: Patron viewing 10x10 showcase in ArtsKC Gallery
Located at the center of Kansas City, Missouri’s Crossroads Arts District and monthly First Friday events, the ArtsKC Gallery provides the opportunity to view and engage with work by local regional artists at all stages of their artistic career. ArtsKC also hosts public and private arts-related events in the space.
ArtsKC hosts networking events for artists to share knowledge, best practices, and discuss the personal and professional sides of being an artist. Many networking events are in collaboration with other organizations serving artists in our region.
Events coming soon!
Photo: AY Young | Battery Tour
Photo: Emily Reinhardt | The Object Enthusiast
ArtsKCGo.com is a local event calendar provided by ArtsKC that includes Visual Art, Film, Theatre, Dance, Poetry, Classes, Family, and Free events across the metro. Here you can also find listings of local artists, organizations, venues, and opportunities like jobs and open calls.
ArtsKCGo.com supports the marketing efforts of the arts community through increased audience engagement. Organizations and artists use this free platform to create profiles, upload events and drive attendance.
- Classical KC
Once submitted to ArtsKCGo.com, ArtsKC shares events and opportunities on our social channels and a weekly event email. To get promoted by ArtsKC, create a profile or submission today!
List your events on ArtsKCGo.com:
The Artist Directory on ArtsKCGo.com is a free resource for highly skilled creatives across the region to promote their work and events, and connect with fellow artists. Potential buyers and collaborators can search for work by discipline, genre, professional services, etc.
- Creative professional in the field(s) of Dance, Film, Literary, Music, Performance Art, Theatre, Visual, and Community Based Art
- Resides in the five-county Kansas City region (Jackson, Clay, Platte MO and Johnson, Wyandotte KS)
- Age 18+
- In practice for at least the past (2) years
- Active online business presence
- Provide (6) examples of work through photos, marketing materials, professional video/audio recordings, etc.
- ArtsKC uses the Artist Directory to recommend creatives to local businesses, projects, and collaborations.
- Profiles connect to any calendar events submitted by the artist.
- Members of the Now Showing program are required to maintain a profile.
View the directory and create a profile:
ArtsKC provides artistic and professional development resources for artists.
Photo: KC Clay Guild
Your go-to hub to find calls to artists, job openings, auditions, residencies and more.
Photo: David Yoon
Inspiration Grants are project grants for individual artists or small groups of artists.