- 2:00 PM
Because so many arts organizations rely on government funding to keep their doors open, it’s necessary for artists and organizational leaders to engage with elected officials on a regular basis. ArtsKC is proud to partner with area experts and officials to produce a program to help facilitate this conversation.
Workshop | 2:00 – 4:00 PM
Tickets are free, but registration is required for headcount.
Event Registration Includes:
- A two-part workshop: the importance of lobbying and how to educate your federal, state, and local elected officials.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to attend after registering.
There is ample parking behind the Black Archives building.
For more information about our advocacy and public policy initiatives, email Branden Haralson, Communications Manager, Engagement & Public Policy, at email@example.com
- 7:00 AM
We have rescheduled our Advocacy Workshop (originally scheduled for January 18th) to Friday, February 28th, 2-4 PM at the Black Archives. A reminder: attendance at the workshop includes a discount code for you Citizens’ Day registration.
Each year, ArtsKC partners with Missouri Citizens for the Arts to connect arts advocates with their elected representatives at the Missouri State Capitol.
Your Citizens’ Day experience will include:
- A chartered bus ride with area artist to and from Jefferson City, departing from and returning to ArtsKC’s convenient location in the Crossroads Arts District, with a stop in Eastern Jackson County.
- Detailed folio with talking points and information about the impact of state arts funding in your specific congressional district. Use this information to make the most of your time with your legislators!
- Pre-scheduled appointments with Kansas City-area legislators, and team captains for each visit so you are prepared and confident in your conversations.
- Pizza lunch with Kansas City-area legislators, host – TBD
7:00-7:20 AM – Check in at ArtsKC, 106 Southwest Boulevard, KCMO 64108
7:10 AM – Bus pick up from Arts District Garage
7:20 AM – Bus pick-up from ArtsKC office (Please note, we will leave promptly at 7:30am.)
7:55 AM – Brief stop at Blue Ridge Bank at 4200 Little Blue Pkwy, Independence, MO 64057 to pick up Eastern Jackson County Advocates
10:00 AM – Arrival and Registration, Missouri State Capitol Building, 201 W Capitol Ave, Jefferson City, MO 65101
10:30 AM – Details forthcoming once you register
12:00 -1:00 PM – Luncheon with Kansas City-area legislators. Host – TBD
10:30 – 2:30 PM – Appointments with Legislators throughout the Capital
2:45 PM – Group photo on Rotunda stairs –
2:55 PM – Load the bus back to Kansas City to leave right at 3 PM. Bus will drop off where it picked up along the route. We hope to be back by 6:30 or sooner if traffic allows.
Thursday, March 5 – Please take a moment to fill out an ArtsKC survey to be sent via email.
Reference the lists below to identify your legislators.
Reference the links below to view the Missouri Film Pack Incentives.